July 28, 2008

7/28/08 - Passports in Hand












We leave Nanchang tomorrow morning. It is hot. I walked for 45 minutes with baby on chest, to walk back into the hotel room to have DS1 and DH wake him up. I'm hot and pissed. And I still have to pack tonight. Yeah, love being a mom. Overall a good day. No temper tantrums (but we'll see what happen s before he goes down for the night). We went to see tower and bell. Will have to write about it a different time. We now have DS2's Chinese passport. In Guangzhou we will get the immigration visa.
When I update this I'd like to hit on the lack of stars, the disparity in living circumstances and communism vs. capitalism. Something to wait for?

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Beautiful pictures. You are seeing parts of Nanchang that we were unable to visit. I'd like to tell you that DS1 won't wake up DS2 again, but my 10 year old consistently wakes up her little sister and it drives me mad. Best wishes with your travels.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,
Plenty to wait for and as always worth the wait. Just catching up with your blog after a weekend away and my head is spinning just keeping up with you. Have to tell you from yesterday's posting as a parent you may never "think" you're doing it right, but from whenever I'm with you, it always looks and feels like you are doing it right. As a mother of 1, I cannot share any experience on how to handle 2. So my only comment is to continue to go with your instincts -- they have always served you well in the past. Mitch's mom watched a program on Channel 13 on China and sends her best. I thinks she was looking for you in the crowd! Sending love and instead of "deep thoughts" cool thoughts to accompany your quest for cool air. Loved the pictures esp those from the evening stroll. Mitch & Julia send their love. xxxooo Alice

Nicole said...

Yup... Jacob likes to wake up Katelyn too. DH woke her up yesterday after her nap... did it by putting a piece of ice on her. Uh, not so smart! She pitched a fit (as would anyone!)...

Soon you'll be in Guangzhou and then home... ahhh... home...

Joanne Dugan said...

amazing photos. and the stories are incredible. We feel like we're there with you...what a wonderful gift you've given to share this with us. Thank you. xoxoxoxo