July 20, 2008

7/21/08 - A couple photos

Here's is DS1 a the Great Wall. He climbed to the top of the hill in the background. Nervous mommie, me, held his way all the way down! Also a photo of the Great Wall. The terrain is rugged here!

A photo of all of us at the Great Wall. Our guide Linda took the photos. She is great, arranged by our adoption agency and now with us in Nanchang taking care of all the paper work and arrangements. From the Forbidden city in Beijing. DS1 actually slept through this entire tour. Linda took him in the stroller and met us at the end. It was a must do tour if you are in Beijing. The Forbidden city is much, much more expansive then I imagined from the outside!
Tomorrow the fun begins. We get our new guy at 10:30 am.

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Great pictures. Forbidden city was freezing when we were there in March. I remember just rushing through the tour near the end because I was so cold. Your son is doing amazingly well staying content and comfortable. Good for all of you. I'm looking forward to pictures of the BIG day.

Best wishes.

Caroline said...

Great pictures! I can't believe ds1 hiked the Wall in Crocs. If you submit the picture - I am sure it will end up in an ad! We carried our 3-year old through the Forbidden City, and most of the Summer Palace. Nora is looking for to seeing her "old" friend in your next photos! Oh, and I know you know, but remind yourself again, that the next week is the hardest week, and the first day can be ohhhh sooooo hard. And, if you don't post (which is so hard to fit in!), we will all worry about you (no pressure!):)