This Blog thing has been around for years, but not part of my world until the last few months. My interest is selfish and altruistic. Let me explain.
We are in the process of adopting our second child (our first adoption, but our second child). It has been an interesting process, which you will hear about later, but in the process I’ve been seeking information on adoption and specifically cleft lip/pallet. This search has lead me down many dark alleys, where there is a mix of medical, social and basic information. I’ve read books, and books, basically everything published since 1970. However, every once and awhile I turn a sharp corner and an amazing woman peeks out behind a door (really mostly women, few men on my journey – just goes to show we do share!!). These women have “been there, done that”, which I now understand is typically written as “btdt”. These amazing souls have educated me not only on the process of adoption (i.e., the basic logistics), but most importantly they have shared their full hearts, including; the fear, anxiety, joys, sorrow, surprises, serendipity, crushing reality and most of all love, love, love.
I have friends. I have a wonderful husband. I have a supportive extended family. I can and do share my thoughts with them, likely more information than they typically need. But the blog is for those that want to know more. It is also a very small pay-it-forward to the next adoption Mom that needs to get prepared. My fear is that I will reveal too much information and invade the privacy of my loved ones. So some things I won’t share (general disclaimer as I have no idea what I’m going to be inspired to write about yet), but this includes family names.
As I plan to share my thoughts/emotions, I’m fearful I will offend someone along the way. However, I want anyone who shares the thought to know that they are not alone. Hopefully no one finds my companionship in the thought as validation, well maybe sometimes, but also gives us both more room to know there is room to consider continue thinking on any given topic.
My hope is that occasionally someone will send offer a comment and let me know on what topic they would like a few thoughts.
Finally, I write for a living. Although I’m published weekly in the financial world, my writing is not the most riveting read. Nonetheless, I generally enjoy writing. For me the process of writing is well ingrained in my routine for processing thoughts. Right now I have a lot of thoughts/emotions to process, so creating a blog on the specific topic of this adoption feels ok. I don’t know how long I will keep it, and I hope it’s more interesting than my financial writing, but here it goes.
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment