Nope, neither did I. However, as I write today I know something did "click" and we are in a grove as a family unit!
I'm back at work and it kind of feels good. Yeah, I want more time with the boys, more time for myself, but its unrealistic. So, I'm at work, and a bit excited about a few things I'm starting here.
DS1has started preschool, and LOVES it. He is good to go in the mornings with no complaints, happy to tell me about it in the evening, and so far his teacher thinks he's doing great. Oddly, DH is struggling a bit with pre-school, just the concept of it and that he himself didn't enjoy school a lot. Its interesting that as you children reach various stages we revisit how those stages impacted us.
DS2 is in a groove. He is content with the daytime sitter, happy to see DS1 in the afternoon, happy to see DH and I at night. He is eating well (Dr. visit tomorrow to see if he's gaining weight), all the test came back healthy, he is finally in a napping routine in the afternoons, and I have a routine for putting him to sleep at night even though he still cries at bedtime.
DH is pitching in with morning care of the boys until the sitter arrives, and taking DS1 to preschool. He has also started helping a bit more around the house. This is great!
I'm back at work and it kind of feels good. Yeah, I want more time with the boys, more time for myself, but its unrealistic. So, I'm at work, and a bit excited about a few things I'm starting here.
DS1has started preschool, and LOVES it. He is good to go in the mornings with no complaints, happy to tell me about it in the evening, and so far his teacher thinks he's doing great. Oddly, DH is struggling a bit with pre-school, just the concept of it and that he himself didn't enjoy school a lot. Its interesting that as you children reach various stages we revisit how those stages impacted us.
DS2 is in a groove. He is content with the daytime sitter, happy to see DS1 in the afternoon, happy to see DH and I at night. He is eating well (Dr. visit tomorrow to see if he's gaining weight), all the test came back healthy, he is finally in a napping routine in the afternoons, and I have a routine for putting him to sleep at night even though he still cries at bedtime.
DH is pitching in with morning care of the boys until the sitter arrives, and taking DS1 to preschool. He has also started helping a bit more around the house. This is great!
I think of how much I hated life when we were just home a day or two, the sleep deprivation, the exhaustion, and I realize it was so temporary! I still get tired, and emotionally drained, but I'm not hitting zero lately. DS2 is still a bit like the neighbor's kid, but I'm very attached and not ready for the neighbor to return.
And a big thanks to all my firends that told me to hang in there. Photo attached is just one of those souls who means so much to me, and the boys! Yes, five years from now when we get together for picnics with the boys, we'll have to carry creates of food! So, even if I don't call everyday, I am lucky to have people to call, which means you all can call on my anytime!
1 comment:
Congratulations on returning to the workforce. It sounds like you're already in a groove. Good for you. We're still figuring out our routine. Somedays are better than others. I'm noticing that DS2 has the same look in your picture that Josie sometimes gets. She puts her hands in her mouth when she's uneasy.
Continued best wishes.
Post a Comment