Trying to figure out how the bubbles work.
The climbing machine.
I'm sorry, I've lost my mind and I don't seem to know where its gone?Is it Spring fever? Is it exhaustion? Is it the economy? Am I finally old?
Really, its not a big deal, it just seems that this last week (maybe 10 days) I've been struggling to concentrate and be my usual "productive" self. Not that I've been totally unproductive, it just seems the cosmos are conspiring for me to be involved in so many projects that I'm unsure where to even start.
First, I have a huge consulting job that I was excited about, but now its back to the boring stage of just doing the summary presentation. Guess what, I got it done, sent it to the client, and arranged a conference call presentation. The the cosmos took over and the conference call was missed! But, we finally connected today! Yeah! Another billing out the door! Of course there are three clients waiting for me to finish the big job so I can crank on theirs. I'm excited to get started on the new stuff and made major head way today!
Second, my toy, the other new business, was expected to take a week to clear customs and another week to arrive at my house, setting a launch date of early May. Guess what? It arrived last Tuesday! So last week I personally unloaded 46 creates from a truck and carried them the half block to our house (I still don't understand why he couldn't have parked closer). I've rearranged everything in our apartment, it has become clear the clutter we've recently added. I've been working nights trying to get everything ready for the "Launch", about 10 days sooner than expected. Can't work days, still got a day job! But it is going forward! This evening the boys helped me with putting stamps on postcard for my first mailer to my target retailers. Tomorrow, I start my friend and family campaign on the toy with a reading of the toy's back story at preschool, a gift to the kids, and supply to my first two local retailers (I'll announce the toy's launch on this site next week - just can't get it all done at once! And for the record, I didn't go to preschoo; which probably explains why I like it so much now.)
Finally, after weeks of bundling up for every trip out, Spring SPRANG in the most magnificent way! Why in the world would I be working when all of a sudden we have 90 degree weather? Of course, it is more important for me to be out on the bike! So weekends are officially off-duty. We rode our bikes down to Battery Park, had brunch down by the world financial center (bit empty compared to the pre-9/11 days, probably hit again by the recent economic woes). But still a beautiful place to have brunch, not expensive and let the kids run in the fountain. And guess what, the gym is paying off. I feel stronger on the bike then I have in years!
So clarity is coming! My mind is wander back to its rightful spot. Tonight we are eating left overs vs. me cooking. Tonight I'm stuffing bags for pre-school. I'm excited to read them another story! I'm really excited about the new consulting project. I'm ready to draft my launch press release, well, maybe on Thursday. So I lost my mind, it wandered back and yeah, I still motivated about the future! And worst of all, today I volunteered to bake for this weekend's school fair. I learn nothing!
1 comment:
You have my head spinning. I'm glad you can hang on. It sounds exciting and exhausting all at the same time. Best wishes keeping it all together.
Post a Comment