Last week a light in the kitchen blew out and DH wanted to fix it without calling an electrician. I was in the living room and the boys were in the kitchen "helping" my lovely handyman of a husband when I shouted out, "Don't forget to turn the main power off." Within 30 seconds I hear DH shout a few choice words and DS1 runs in saying, "Mommy I want to stay with you; there were FLAMES in the kitchen."
The other general item I over hear when the boys are all playing together (sons and husband) is all the talk of killing the bad guy, chopping heads body parts, and shooting. The violent language drives me crazy, but I know its the age. They aren't getting it from TV as there is only 30 minutes of video daily. They aren't likely getting it from preschool or therapy, as I trust all the adults in our life a bit more than that. But they are at the age of playing super heroes and bad guys. I did finally call the electrician and he visited yesterday. DS1 informed him, "you have to fix the light or my mom will kick your butt."
I love them, but yeah, they all scare me just a little bit.
1 comment:
Yeah, the shooting/killing stuff is just something the boys all say. It drives me up the wall too... but I believe it's part of being a boy. At least they aren't asking to be a princess!!!
Post a Comment