April 13, 2009

Spring rains = worms





I had such a great time with the boys all to myself this weekend. It rained on Friday night and early in the day Saturday, but by Saturday afternoon it had stopped and we were ready to get out to burn a bit of energy.

Several exciting things;
  • The little man can now reach the pedals on the tricycle and actually pedals! He can generally steer, but if we are trying to go quickly, I take the back handle and guide.
  • The life order is established, the Big boy leads, the Little man follows. If the big boy stops, the little man stops. The little man has been instructed that he is to follow. The little man seems happy with the arrangement for now.
  • Spring has sprung and the boys now know the difference between daffodils and crocuses, but really just like finding the colors.
  • Worms still come out when it rains. You can still pick them up with a stick. They are still worthy of saving (moving them from the sidewalk to the safety of the grass). And I still rule on the icky factor of being the first one willing to touch with my fingers to show them that it won't hurt. However, I did stop short of showing the boys you could rip it in two and both ends live.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the latest pics. It actually looks like SPRING!!