Just going to the doctor made me feel better. Actually the nurse practitioner, which I totally like and respect. However, the sinus infection was so bad that it was now compromising the nerves in my jaw, and was not as enthusiastic as I about getting well. I started on an antibiotic, not a penicillin, but had an allergic reaction/side effect anyway, that meant back to the doctor today.
I'm allergic to penicillin. This is a new thing that just started in the last couple years. There are a variety of things that will now start a "rash" reaction for me; cleaning shrimp to cook, bug/mosquito sprays, and penicillin.
I was in tremendous pain (head/jaw) which I self treated with Vicadin, before making back to the NP. When I told her, she told me, "it always good to have a little vicadin around the house", which I thought made her very enlightened. Also in addition to my usual rash had extreme anxiety. It felt like had drank a whole case of soda and was all revved up, but without actually having the energy to do anything. Yep, it proved true, my blood pressure had risen by 25 points! So on to a very old antibiotic today; one I've taken historically, which is the size of a horse pill. I'm not anxious, but my jaw aches. I've finally been able to eat a "full" meal. Maybe by Monday I'll be writing again.
The topics I've missed, that I want to write on are:
The holidays and generosity
The updates on the first week of DS2's therapy,
Prep for surgery on Tuesday, including insurance,
the goal of more love and kindness in 2009,
Dealing with expectations of greatness.
1 comment:
My goodness. This is not the way to spend your holidays. Get better soon. Yikes. You've got a lot on your plate right now. I'll be thinking about you.
PS. You'd be happy to see my latest post included a picture of Josie in a full meltdown. She's now taken up biting since she's been casted. Joy!!
Post a Comment