There are things in life that are thrilling. There are things that are not. But, I really love the thrilling stuff. Thrilling in a fun, but not scary way!
I always love the firemen. DS1 and I have this in common. Earlier this week we stopped by the fire station in St. Maartin. Out of the 8 guys in the station only one could speak English (I'm being generous here) and he told us to come back on Friday. OK, odd request, but I'm willing to comply. So Friday was the annual day at the fire station, where they brought out all the trucks, let everyone climb on, and had all sorts of demonstrations; we saw the cherry-picker bucket get fully extended and a fake car accident where they brought out a diamond tip saw and cut out a windshield, jaws of life where they cut the top off of a car, and then put the "victim" on a stretcher. It was awesome!! We spent a solid two hours there before the beach.
There were like 100 school kids all there. It was interesting as they all reacted to DS2. Frankly, I don't think very many Asians make it to these parts. The 10-12 year old girls were very interested, and trying to tickle him and such. He was a good sport, but I did have to pick him up and move him, twice.
Also I accidentally de-tailed another lizard today. A tiny little guy, which was in the door way and I needed to move him to close the door. The alternative was to squish him. The thrill was in that once the tail comes off, it really dances around for a while. I know, gross, but also oddly thrilling.
Today the boys helped me gather a large bag of sea shells. The thrill of the chase, the capture, the was and shine.
Overall a good day; left with the thrill of what tomorrow brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment