This is the boys with creamy crayon mustaches; Gaucho Marx style. It was fun, they "got" how silly they looked. DS1 now sporting the bandage.
Today, I stayed home sick. I took a bath for the first time in about 5 years. In the tub was awesome, but I did have to clear out tons of toys, and realized the tub from the inside is not as clean looking as the tub from the outside. Not that it is totally dirty, but the tub crayons clearly are leaving more residue than I imagined. After the bath, I laid down for a minute. Then I woke up at 3:30 pm this afternoon. Ouch. So much for what I wanted to accomplish today.
Today just a quick note on an a new project. A month ago as I was in the shower, I decided it was time to start an old project very seriously. I started a toy company. I only have one toy, but it is now in proto-type stage and I should have full production and be ready to sell by the end of February. I'm not going to tell you about the toy now, its amazingly silly. But I want part of the proceeds to go to helping children. I'm looking for places to donate the money. Honestly, if the toy doesn't sell there will be nothing to donate, but I'm hopeful. Let me know what jumps to mind. I think St. Jude is a good general cause. I also like Ronald Mc Donald's House, as I can't imagine a child going to surgery and recovery without family there like DS2 did twice in China. I've also recently become aware of Pearl River Out Reach, which helps educate and create foster families in China, which seems very cool. But let me know what else is out there.
2 comments:
Half The Sky is a good one...Many of our little one's were cared for by their staff in China.
They have a web site, but I, of course, am not computer savy enough to provide you with a proper link.
Look up Half the Sky Foundation and good luck with your toy...I'll buy one!
Hey there,
I hope you don't mind me joining the party late, but I just discovered your blog from reading Nicole's. I have loved reading many of your recent posts and like others have said it is great to read the blog of a 'real' mama. Like you I have a family created by China adoption and biology and most days I love it. Other days I want to crawl under the sheets and hide - lol
Anyway, I am not sure how the toy company thing is coming along, but as the mama of three kids who love farting humor, I wanted to suggest our family's favorite China charity - Baobei Foundation (http://www.baobeifoundation.org). I am one of the volunteers actually living in Shanghai and as an A-mom, I cannot tell you the difference the foundation makes to some of the most needy kids.
Best wishes to you and the boys. I am off to read more.
Kim C
Post a Comment