It is interesting that today I have been in a state of thanks and appreciation after quite some time of just getting through. I wasn't even going to write today, but as I was putting the boys down for the night I felt compelled.
What brought this on, you may ask. I have no idea. First, yesterday my parents arrived in town which usually makes me a bit more introspective than normal. Second, I went to a kiddy class with a girlfriend and her son and my girlfriend was emotionally spent, to a level I totally identified with, which made me feel great compassion, not only for her, but for both of us. Then last night we had a party with a bunch of friends, and I forget how many people I have available to call in an emergency (the photos from the boat. The danger in posting these is that some friends weren't invited and will now be pissed. Let me just say, I am so tired and wired, that in the end I wasn't sure who I invited, who I didn't, or even who was coming). Finally tonight, DS1 insisted it was time for DS2 to start sleeping in his room; not in the crib outside my room. That is love. So yes, they are both in there now!
So, tonight's post is to the people I love, respect, appreciate, use, underutilized and that have butted their way into my life either by invitation or not, Thank you! All of you! Even those that hate me and make me better by reminding me how much I suck.
-I love my friends for listening to my rants and offering parenting advice I need.
-I love the strangers on the street for the parenting advice I would never use.
-I love my family, frankly, because they put up with me and have given up on changing me.
-I love the woman who cleans the house once a week, cause I do like a clean toilet and sit my it nightly at bath time.
-I love the sitter who takes the boys during the day, you are my sanity as you enjoy the kids stuff and playing peek-a-boo for 3 hours when 3-5 peeks is enough for me. Both I and the kids are better people for having you in our life.
-I love the doorman of our building that teach my kids complicated hand shakes and how to hose the city grit off the side walk, and most importantly occasionally tell me I look good.
-I love the laundry man that always knows my name and asks about the boys, even if they are not with me.
-I love the masseuse at the nail salon, who I know are there to help even if I don't have the time.
-I love the neurotic moms who make me want to be a better mom.
-I love the pathetically bad moms who make me feel better about my own parenting skills.
-I love my husband's friends who get him out of the house without me, even if I get jealous.
-I love my husband's friends because they were there for me when I had no friends of my own.
-I love the parents' of ds's friends, also they are receptive to my neurosis and invite out of the house!
-I love my job for teaching me I'm a peg in a wheel.
-I love the boys for thinking I've got magical powers - well, I told them I do and they still don't know I fib on occasion.
-I love NYC for the people, parks, take out, restaurants, and craziness it provides.
-I love the bus drivers that continue to co-conspire with ds1 and let him think we are riding the super hero bus.
-I love preschool for teaching my kid something - life.
-And yes, I love my husband and for this one I need not offer a reason, I just do.
I don't do it alone. I really do nothing alone. This humbles me daily.
1 comment:
What a beautiful, heartfelt, and raw post. The pictures are spectacular (as always). Enjoy your weekend with all the people you love.
Post a Comment