Well as if the family hasn't been through enough lately, yesterday we drove up to Block Island. With heavy traffic getting out of NYC and one food stop, we made it to the ferry in 4 hours - much better than we expected! The ferry over is about one hour. We have rented a house for a week.
While this sounds romantic and nice, frankly given all the travel lately its a bit stressful. I feel bad for DS2 as we just keep throwing new stuff at him at every turn. I feel bad for ds1 as he gets so upset when ds1 cries, although DS2 ia doing very well. DH thinks I'm having a break down because I'm exhausted from it all. But this is life.
Survival means letting the house be messy, the kids running a round with dirty faces and I get most of the unfun tasks. I'm hoping to find more fun as I realize I have had much to laugh about lately. Enough whining, I know its all adjustment and will stabilize in a couple months. However its just Like child birth, the first adjustment window kind of sucks.
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
2 comments:
We took a series of trips after our first adoption. The second time around, we are sticking close to home. Pluses and minuses to both approaches. Do take lots of photos, they will all seem very romantic post-adjustment and you will be very glad you have them. Enjoy! Caroline
I know what you mean about being exhausted all the time... and you're correct, it's just going to take a bit of time to adjust. I think we've had at least one doctor visit every week since we've been home! Hang in there, you're doing great!!!!!
Post a Comment