These are little things that DS2 are reminding me, that I've forgotten since experiencing with DS1, or just glad to revisit; even though they are only 18 months apart in age:
- poop, when the proper amount is supplied, can shoot up the back of a diaper onto a shirt and body
- raisins may exit the body in tact
- corn almost always exits the body in tact
- when the equipment is uncovered, pee can appear at anytime, in any direction, with surprising distance
- lying on the floor doing nothing but stupid sounds and tickles for an hour is actually possible
- nap time is a beautiful thing
- lunch time can be amazingly messy and follows surprising close to breakfast
- birds beg to be feed part of your food/snack
- if you know how to remove it, shoes/clothing become optional
- drool left unattended on the chin manages to travel across the room to where ever mommie is sitting
- cleaning runny noses is easier if the child knows how to blow their nose on command
- getting wet at the playground in August can't be avoided
- farts are always funny
Photos: today's credit goes to DH
3 comments:
Right on! Your observations are not limited to just toddler boys either. I hope your adjusting to your time zone. I don't remember feeling human for several weeks after we returned from China.
Yup. Right back into toddlerhood, do not pass go. That was a crazy moment - when I realized that I had an instant toddler on my hands - not just a baby - and that I needed to act accordingly.
I was just mentioning to my husband "I forgot how wet it is!" referring to having a toddler. And, my older daughter is also just 18 months older than Nora, but what a difference that 18 months makes. My light at the end of the tunnel!!
Post a Comment