February 14, 2009

Love for All


Happy Day-After Valentines Day.

It is funny that my least favorite holiday followed after my favorite. For this year I actually planned ahead, I booked a ski house for a family week holiday at my husband's favorite activity. His eyes light up with talk of snow. His pulse quickens as he starts typing in site addresses to check on snow conditions. But, with work being what it is, I choose to stay behind with DS2. Not a very romantic.

DS1 is celebrating Valentine's Day for the very first time. Actually he already celebrated it, last Thursday. He was to bring in valentines to school by Thursday, and was not attending on Friday, due to the ski trip. So Wednesday evening, I hit five stores looking for simple kid Valentine's Day cards. I hadn't picked them up over the weekend due to my cold. However, on Wednesday night I couldn't find them anywhere.

So we made the necessary valentines. I enjoy arts and craft, amazingly so does DS1. But as I was looking at them as they dried on the table that night, I had that mommie night mare; am I going down the slippery slope of embarrassing my son because I don't know what the standard is; homemade or store bought?

I love that DS1 was into the cards. Into the idea of giving his friends something special that he made. He told me which name to write on each card. We did his cluster and the other cluster that shares the main room (23 kids). He was proud and excited.

Well, thanks and joy to the karma of this Valentine Day. DS1 came home Thursday with a bag full of home made Valentines. None were perfect, all were beautiful. I love this age, they are opinionated, they care, but they also love so freely.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm loving your home-made Valentines.

Happy V day from one crafty Momma to another.