October 29, 2009

Losing my mind - and not in small pieces

On my list of one thousand things I need to do today is to update the blog. It is not that I don't want to write, its just been crazy here. And not for any specifid reason, just taking 3 days unplugged really gets me behind.

I've had a few really down days, just the overwhelming of all that is on my shoulders, but I'm better today. I'm going to schedule an GYN visit, I think its perimenopause - really not kidding! that bad! Next week I'm off to the smoky mountains of Tenesse next Thursday for 6 days, big trade show. Oddly I need the time away. I have to start nailing down my direction so I'm not pulled every direction, for example, right now I'm blogging when I should be trying to complete some consulting work so I can bake the cookies I promised school for tomorrow and at the same time drafting a press release for the book (Norman) which is out, but I can't send the press release until I take the book photos. Yeah Don't forget a trip to the liquor store!

On Disney - It was great, it was hell. Don't ever try to manuever around disney with a 3 and a 4 year old by yourself when you are all hot and hungry. To solve the hot, ran in a building that had food. Feed the boys. All went better from there! At some point I'll load photos and more thoughts but here's a bit:
- they loved Mickey Mouse gave him hugs and kisses but refused to get near Minnie Mouse.
- it was awesome to meet my cyber friends which are my orphanage family.
- I think the Little Man remembered some of his friends. He clearly plaid favorites.
- The Big boy loved his new friends, and want to see them again tonight.
- I think the mommies need more bonding time; guess what it is impossible to have a conversation with your children in the room.
- I think daddy needs to babysit more.

So, off to do my work, start cookies, and the photo, well, that will have to wait another day!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

DEFINITELY need more mommy bonding time!!!! :) Was so great to finally meet you... hope we can do it again soon!

Kevin said...

Love your blog Angela. Please note: Daddies parent, they don't babysit. :p