October 06, 2009

Update, in brief, on everything

Foot - I went to the gym with my ankle wrapped yesterday. It was good to go, I ache all over, and no, I did not jump. It was oddly unsatisfying to not be able to give it my all, but I don't want to go back to crutches.

Preschool - Both boys are going and seem to love it, except at that one moment when who ever is dropping them off tries to leave. I like their teachers and have volunteered to do Halloween cookies in both classes.

Little Man therapy - I met with the judge yesterday. Besides being a handsome guy, he was generous. So now I'm off to the agency to get speech, physical and vocational therapy going! Yeah!

Big Boy - He has suddenly become interested in all things athletic. He has a skate board, wants a scooter, is dribbling a basket ball, has gone hiking with friends and loves it all. Mind you he also recently went to two wheels on his bike. Yeah, I have helmets, pads and band aides of every shape and size around the house.

Norman - He is moving! I'm down to my last 6 boxes at the house, but there is a half container heading this way from China. I was on ABC World News Now, and Fox Business Network. Go to www.PhartEphant.com to see clips. They actually are funny to me! Retail locations also listed on the site; we are now in over 20 stores in the US and Canada.

Book - Don't get too excited, I'm self-publishing, but it is going great. I signed off on the picture book with the printers today. I'm not happy with the coloring book, but I think I know how to fix it, so hopefully we'll do final sign off on that next week. I've ordered clear bags that can become a gift bag option for the retailers which will include a Norman, a book (picture or coloring) and crayons. I hope to have this ready for my next trade show November 5th! Amazingly, book #2 illustration work has begun.

New characters - two of Norman's friends have gone into prototype stage. Drawings are done and the factory is starting patterns. Goal to have prototypes locked down for the Toy Fair Trade Show in February.

My Writing - clearly got shelved for a bit. But I'm starting to get ideas again and look forward to exploring some silly topics soon. I think not exercising and all the work, work, got me off. But I hope to write more.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You've been one busy woman. I can't wait to finally meet in person and discuss all your happenings, perhaps over a glass of "something". The countdown to FL continues...