I really have never thought of myself as a type A mom. There are so many things I really am not very good at.... the whole patience thing for one, dealing with an abundance of snot (the preschool teachers have already noted that my kids know how to blow their own noses, and cleanly), and don't get me started on potty training (I figure they'll figure it out before college).
But this week is teaching me a bit about myself. After a slight cold last week, which always pushes me down emotionally and slightly behind professionally, this week is frightening. I feel good. I have two consulting gigs - YEAH! I'm sold out of Normans and just yelled at my manufacturer as they are now 4 weeks late; supposedly they docked in New Jersey today, but if you know anything about New Yorkers, we believe New Jersey is as far as the North Pole. I have a few, but I can't make my wholesale orders! But, this is actually a good problem to have.
I'm leaving for a trade show on Thursday; this is a good one, in the Smokey mountains, in the hills of Kentucky - I'm actually renting a car and driving 2 hours from the closest airport. This show caters to; museums, zoos, aquariums, and "caves". Love the caves, I so hope I get a cave buyer just so I can say Norman is selling at "caves"!
The hubby is directing a play Saturday night, which means he's had rehearsals for the last two weeks and all this week in the evenings which lets me have the boys to myself (also read, get the kids on schedule with no major interruptions).
The sitter went to visit her mom for a week. Her mom is not well, so this is an important trip. However, after the scare last week, I think it is really important for her to reconnect with family.
The Little Man is now going to preschool from 9 am to noon five days a week and then six 45 minute therapy sessions in the afternoons on top of preschool - I must say, he's doing well and LOVING therapy! The Big Boy is in school from 8:45 to 2:30 pm. No extra curriculum activities.
So when I noticed there was a birthday party for the Big boy to attend on the east side of town (we live on the west, and frankly it is easier to get uptown or downtown than over to the east side), I started juggling to see how we could make it all happen. I mentioned to one of the other sitters, if she took the Little Man to play with her youngest charge, I could take the two older boys to the party. She informed me that while the party was for a kid in the class, neither of the boys actually played with the little girl much and it is a pain to get to the east side and back, we should just skip the party.
WOW. What a great and simple solution! And really he goes to like 50 parties a year. Have I really become a Type A parent? It is always good to be reminded that being invited doesn't mean you HAVE to attend. I have to go now, I'm going to write a thank you note to the mom who I don't know to thank her for inviting us to the party of her child whom I don't know, and that I would love to have a play date sometime and get to know them, but the party just didn't work out for us this time!
Oh, I have to find time to post on Halloween at some point. It was really fun this year. And one of the Big boys preschool teachers, a man, dressed as the King of Ferries - It works on so many levels for the NY crowd!
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
2 comments:
You really had to ask that question Sister! You are Type A everything and it takes one to know one...even Kayla who hasn't seen you in how long would tell you how Type A we both are!!!!!!!! Love you!
Oh man, I am SO with you about the snot! Give me anything else, blood, vomit, poo, ear wax, anything but snot! Love the post! Kim
Post a Comment