I wonder, how in the world can they survive with such liquid and passionate emotions!
Today was a mess of tears and snot. First monkey one and I had been building a boat/house out of Fresh Direct boxes, paint, and tissue paper. Monkey two was happy to help with the painting. My groom watched from afar and was rather terrified of what he saw. Well painting was day one; they went straight to the bath. Day two was adding tissue paper which I explained is fragile and eventually some one is going to break it. DO NOT EXPECT IT TO LAST. I was clear. For some reason the little guy was content with gluing and didn't really play in the boat, that had now become a house that day.
Day 3 was adding cut out colored paper shapes. So far so good. Everyone working on the outside reaching in. Very little action inside.
Today was Day 4 when my little monkey made a hole in the tissue paper, which created tears in my big monkey. I promised to by more tissue paper. "Stronger one if you can find it". The two were at odds for the rest of the night. I had to separate them for bed time which the little guy would have none of. He must sleep with his big brother (yeah I see hell occurring when college comes into the scene). Then I finally get them in bed and the little guy has his flashlight, the big guy doesn't, can't find his, which leads to more tears. I can't find the other flash light, so we compromise with a dolphin "back" massager which we picked up in China which I frankly think is a thinly disguised vibrator, but yeah, he picked it out, not me!
By the time they are in bed, DH and I have already had cocktails! That bad. It wasn't that they were misbehaving, or really doing anything majorly wrong. Just an emotional onslaught of tears, which is followed by snot. It is so hard to make things "right" when you are dealing with an irrational being that has liquid emotions. Yeah, I Love them, but wow! Being four and two is just tough some days.
1 comment:
I feel your pain!!!! :o)
Post a Comment