Here's the deal. I committed to blogging for one year. Guess what... it has been a year!
I promised myself not to reread what I had written for a year. I've started to peek, and guess what, holy crap batman, I've written a TON! And a lot of it more honest than my parents probably wanted. Obviously, more than my lovely groom thought possible. He, the lovely groom, is the one that brought up it has been a year and is it time for me to move on to other things, like paying more attention to him (you know that one hour 3x week he has been missing me). Well, he made me think about it. My thoughts:
- I blog because it makes my head calmer. Those little voices go away and the ideas stop bouncing around trapped in there.
- I blog as a way to keep my parents in the loop, as I'm totally not into talking on the phone, which I keep promising myself I will learn to do.
- I blog as a way to post the boys photos for extended family, its just easier then printing and sending.
- I worry about the blog because I'm sharing my thoughts a bit more than any of my family or extended relatives ever really thought I would. Now I'm not sure what they think of me, but the proof is that they keep coming back to read (maybe I am the family train wreck that everyone is watching?).
- I have focused the blog on my thoughts about parenting, being a parent and my obligations to the boys. It is not their point of view, it is not about them fully, it is about my reaction to everything.
So is it time to stop? I don't think so, but it is time for some changes.
I'll continue to share thoughts on the boys, parenting and living in a house where the toilet seats are up all the time and I seem to be the only one that flushes (really makes you want to visit!). I'm still just a private mommy blogger that doesn't mind if people follow along, but I'm not going big time and advertising, recruiting, or building my base (not that this is a bad thing, it happens to be some of my favorite reads on my reading list). I'm going to use nicknames for family members to protect their identities. And here are the changes; I'm going to widen the scope of my writing. I'm going to open the door on the craziness of my businesses, my adventures through real life, and occasionally I may just rant. And, I'm changing the nick names. I will continue to blog an entry within an hour, which means you will still see typos. I will continue to use this forum as if no one is reading it to quiet the voices in my head.
That's it, I'm looking forward to Part 2. I find it pathetic that I'm such a hard core optimist.
1 comment:
Sooo glad you aren't ditching the blog!!! I always enjoy your posts... and it is great to see pics of the kids.
Post a Comment