The above is all hand made soaps.
I know that one thing that has increased in the last year, as long as I'm on that topic, is my drinking. It is not like I get drunk every night. Frankly, its not like I get drunk ever. But I do now like and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine in the evening. Even if my groom is out of town/working late, it is not unusual for me to open a bottle of wine once I've go the boys to bed (if I didn't already open it during for their bath time!).
I used to drink red wine. But frankly, the good stuff is too expensive to spend the money on at the moment. I've switched to white; it is easier to find a good cheap white than a good cheap red. Or the cheapest is alcohol, as in the martini. Which we now have more often. I think it is because you only need one a night, so the bottles go much further.
Enough about my own habits. Last week and article in the July Parents magazine caught my eye. It was about food substitution; specifically if you like 'x' than eat 'y' instead for great flavor and less calories. More impressive they had a page devoted to alcohol.
If you like...... then order.......
Margaritas ........ Vodka, Lime Juice, & Seltzer
(309 calories) vs. (72 calories)
Pina Coladas .........Coconut Rum & Pineapple Juice
(247 calories) vs. (117 calories)
White wine ......Champagne
(121 calories) vs. (108 calories)
Daiquiris ......Sangria
(264 calories) vs. (102 calories)
So OBVIOUSLY I'm not the only Mom drinking.
Then today I went on the Parents website to look for Birthday cake ideas and they were hosting a quiz about what do you do to relax on a hectic day (and really as a mom when is a day not hectic?)? I chose a glass of wine, which when they showed the results was the leading choice among quiz takers.
So my conclusion, we are not the generation of cocaine. We are the generation of staying active with the kids, not hiding them in the closet, and this takes alcohol. But there is another choice, the editor of Parents and I should stop drinking together.
1 comment:
Cheers! Looking forward to having a glass of something with you in FL!
Post a Comment