June 20, 2009

In a nut shell

Been busy not posting as much as I would like. In a nut shell:
  • Norman PhartEphant going well - starting to sign up for a few trade shows, which means more planning. Just hired an illustrator to start on the first book; which means I believe I can have a better business model by self-publishing, over all taking up a ton of time.
  • Consulting - going well, first time in six month without a near term assignment. Just joined the board of a public company.
  • Big Boy - finished first year of preschool. Pretty cool, but now what? Can I afford preschool next year? Will make it happen. Enjoying more time with him.
  • Little Man - starting all evaluations to get speech after his 3rd birthday, bit of an uphill struggle on getting the evaluations done. He LOVES have the Big Boy home.
  • Husband - good. he has the boys out at the moment. He is starting to understand the full dynamic of the world I'm trying to build for all of us by being a consultant and Norman PhartEphant rather than corporate. As he sees how all the pieces link together, rather than me just running around with my head on fire, he is supper supportive and understanding how big of task this is.

So, I haven't written about the last day of preschool, because I don't know what I thought about it. Give me more time on that.

I have been thinking tons that we are coming up to our one year anniversary of being a family of four. Not sure how I feel about that, the emotions are complex. But I'll figure it out eventually. What a better place we are in now!

Me. well, I'm me. It is six months on my new plan, and it is happening. I'm excited and scared daily. I oscillate between thinking I can do it all and being afraid to get out of bed. Never saw all this change coming, and wouldn't want to not go through it. yeah, more later when I figure out the thoughts.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

My head is spinning reading about all your comings and goings. You have a lot to be proud of. What a year! I'd love to know more about your children's book and finding an illustrator. You and Chris will have lots to talk about at Disney. We're officially on vacation and tonight is my last post for a week. I'm glad I get to sneak in one last peek at your blog. Hugs.