Yeah, I'm an idiot. I forget from time to time how closely the boys are watching, learning, for everything they see.
I'm working tons lately. Really trying to get PhartEphant up and going. Guess what, so far so good. I've been a bit prepared, a bit lucky. But there is also just a mountain of work ahead of me!
Starting this company has been amazing, in that it taxes every part of my brain and due to the shoestring budget forces my creativity in amazing directions as well. The boys and I talk about 'who' would like Norman for marketing purposes. We discuss Norman's story and adventures in the building of his story book. They see me work hard. They ask about sales. They like preparing the shipments. They know I'm a bit too serious at times. They see me have a cocktail at the end of the day.
So yesterday with a slight break in rain, I said, lets hit the sidewalk and make a mural for Daddy outside the kitchen window. I asked, "What should we draw?" The answer came, "Cocktail and cheese". This would be the hubby and I's favorite snack while the boys have a bit of fruit or Pirate Booty before going to bed. The mice, yes that is a couple mice, were suggested due to the cheese. Technically I was supposed to make the mice "peeping out from the holes in the cheese" but that was well beyond my skills.
So my influence is that we can get anything done, creativity is an asset and a cocktail at the end of the day. Generally, I think it is an ok influence. Let's hope they keep it to one cocktail and therapy doesn't cost them too much when they are older.
1 comment:
Balance...they are learning balance and that is a healthy thing!
Post a Comment