I now get Sponge Bob.
I help people with strollers up and down subway stairs - Everytime.
I can discuss poop and pee.
I eat with my fingers more often.
I see the joy of an empty box, not matter its size.
I see joy in pants zipping, even if they don't "fit".
I can run in spurts.
I have used scissors within the last 10 days.
I have wiped someones butt, other than my own.
I'm not proud of whipping someone else's butt.
I am willing to whipped someone else's butt.
I seldom get to push the elevator buttons.
I get to flush the toliet even when I didn't fill it.
I drink more.
I shout more.
I work out less.
I need to work out more.
I know about Franklin, Angelina Balerina, Fireman Sam and Pingu.
I know what it is like to wake up to someone else's tears.
I can rock someone to sleep.
I can kiss away pain and tears.
I can cut someone else's finger, and yes, toe nails.
I've befriended someone because of their child.
I've help my opinion to myself because of little ears present.
I've told 'big kids' that throwing sand in unacceptable.
I've pushed off a wobbling two wheeler to a new start.
I've come to love bus drivers who say 'yes' when asked, "is this a supper hero's bus?"
I've come to love any mom who will trade drop off play dates, no matter her religious or political affiliation.
I've learned that people won't automatically assume my blonde child, or Chinese child is mine.
I've watched my children pick their nose without offering a tissue.
I've asked my children not to lick the pole in the subway, bus, etc.
I've asked my children to keep their tongue, fingers, etc, to themselves.
I've let me son, not helped my son, pee between parked cars.
I've told other adults to "use their words" out of habit.
I've decided spending money on children's clothing is a rip off.
I've decided a pony tail is acceptable at ANY and EVERY moment.
I've banned fast food to have grandpa take the kids to McDonalds.
I've learned to rhyme. Kind of.
I've cried for no reason.
I've cried for good reason.
I've stayed late at pre-school because someone else's kid did not want to be last.
I've wiped noses beyond my own children.
I've said, "get you hand out of your pants" too many times.
I've had my heart break for children I don't know.
I've had my heart break for children I do know.
I've started affecting the lives of even those I don't know.
Parenting is the hardest thing I've ever done.
Parenting is making me grow.
Parenting is making me re-think the world.
Parenting is re-think me.
Yeah, there is more of me to change as my children grow.
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
1 comment:
Damn. That's the best list I've read in a long time. Beautiful.
Post a Comment