So today I'm in Las Vegas. After getting up at 5 am to catch a 7:30 flight, leading to a 10:30 am landing (with time change), checked into the hotel and then off to the Sands Convention center for trade show set up!
As the Big Boy says, "I'm going to go sell Normans so we can have more money and pay for school!" YEAH!
I'm putting Norman PhartEphant out there to the whole sale buyers!! This is how I found out if Fierce Fun Toys, LLC is going to make it as a real company or not! This show is a good but interesting fit for me, it is a general house & gift show including housewares, jewelry, gift & toys. I'm in the toy section.
To say I'm excited to be here is an understatement. The day went well, but I did find myself so intimidated that I had to go out for a walk. Of course the walking gave me ideas how to make the booth look better, which it does now, but I also sweated BIG time as it was about 100 degrees at 2 pm!
The show is humongous! There are bout 3,000 vendors and supposedly about 20,000 buyers coming. The place is so big that they had 18-wheeler trucks in the isles dropping of the various suppliers stuff.
I have a tiny booth, 5x10 feet. The other vendors have very professional looking set ups. I'm not. But I'm happy with mine. I will take a photo tomorrow. The other vendors also have 2-6 booths (not all but many of them), and I seem to be the only one out with only one product.
There are lots of stuffed animals, or "plush", but Norman seems pretty unique. I also have a couple draft copies of the book with me for pre-sale.
I actually do not "know" the person helping me in the booth tomorrow: it is a friend of a friend. But We've talked on the phone and she seemed nice and willing. Bottom line, I know I can't do it all by myself (see I am maturing!).
I'm not sure what my sale goals are. I've really struggled with coming to terms on what they should be. It seems like I should at least be able to do 2 sales orders an hour, from 9 am to 6 pm, which would be 18 orders. But that also seems pretty lame. But I just don't know?!? I can't wait to find out!
1 comment:
I can't wait to see pictures of your booth. Best wishes with the Trade Show. I'll be anxious for updates.
Post a Comment