So yesterday I went down and set up for my second trade show. Good news, so far a totally different experience!
How different:
1. It's in my home town, NYC
2. I was not the only Caucasian on the floor, in fact minorities (which I actually am as a Latina) were the minority.
3. I have a 10 ft. by 10ft. booth.
4. The air conditioning, while not on full force, was on.
5. The other vendors setting up looked impressive!
6. I was not the only 10 ft. by 10 ft space (at the last show the little booths were almost non-existent, but here it seems to be the majority, which I'm going to believe means more of the little guy like me!).
7. The food vendors were already open and serving people with a variety of food.
8. I have padding under my carpet.
9. They let me wheel in my own bags without drayage fees.
10. My hubby helped me set up (not necessarily a good thing as he told me everything he didn't like about my booth until I reminded him that those things cost money which means more meals at home, fewer dates.) which I am glad to have him see a bit of the business.
I will go in tomorrow hopeful. I have a young actor friend of my husband's helping me, and I think he is a great fit for the "Norman" image. I will take photos tomorrow of the booth and post them. I think my set up is a bit stronger this time around. I did go back to the first trade show entry and post a photo for that one.
Separate update on morning show - I had the "phone" interview with the producer, which I really think they just want to make sure you can answer a question. They are supposed to decide if the segment will be booked by Monday, so it is a long slow drum roll, but I hope to have good news to report in a few days.
Separate, Separate note - I got published as an author! I repackaged an old blog post as a short article and was published in a regional parenting magazine in their August issue. Of course they didn't tell me ahead of time, I found out today when I received a check in the mail with a copy of the article. Really, I'm very happy about it. This was a business idea, to gain a bit more "writing" credibility before publishing the Norman story.
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment