I don't write about everything the exact day it happens, as I know my parents are active readers of the blog. So, mom, go have a glass of wine and then come back and read the rest of this.
We went to the "county" on Friday to a friends house that had a pool. If I want the boys to jump on board with the idea I only have to say two things, going to "another city" where there is a "pool". I don't mention the bugs or lack of TV. It was a nice little get away and although we arrived with the rain, the boys went in the pool anyway.
We were done with dinner, my personal favorite of buns and burgers on the grill and it was time to head to the guest house when I took a turn for the worst. Literally, while holding the Little Man in my arms I stepped off the porch not realizing it and twisted my ankle and fell like a sack of potatoes. Good news, the porch was only 4-5 inches taller than the grass, and when I fell the Little Man was fine, but we both heard the gun shot which was the tendons in my ankle stretching for all their worth.
Ok, I'm in pain. I start to cry. Then the Little Man starts to cry. I try to tell him to go get Daddy, but now he is hysterical and won't leave me. I shout out to the Hubby, who looks out the window asks what I want and doesn't come out. I start to shout for our host. He yells back saying "where are you?" We were just in that moment when it turns dark, the porch light was out and I was out of view. "I'm on the ground by the porch and I'm not getting up. Go get my hubby so he can take the Little Man!" Finally action.
With the guys on the move, Little Man finally off my lap which happened to be on top of my ankle, I pulled myself over to the big bucket that had the juice boxes and beer and sunk my foot in. When I stopped crying, pulled myself together, I realized with my foot in a bucket of ice that long I should be feeling pain but I wasn't. Not a good sign. I reached down to find massive swelling and bumbs were I had none. Yes, my turn to visit the emergency room.
The emergency room was empty, they had me fill out one form and then took me straight to XRay. My host said he'd stay with me as he's already had a vasectomy, which was far more information, unnecessary information, than I needed. The doctor came by and prognosed it as a really bad sprain, no broken bones, but he was giving me an air cast and crutches. Estimated I wouldn't be walking for a few days, that I should "try to keep off my feet and the foot elevated" and produced a few Percocet for the night and a prescription for the morning.
Two and a half days later, I can put weight on the foot. But I haven't left the apartment. I'm feeling confident I will be well soon. I also know that two cocktails and a Tylenol are better at pain relief than a percocet. The boys believe the crutches are a great weapon to 'fight bad guys'.
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
3 comments:
Egads. When I saw your blog post header, I didn't think it would be good news. I'm glad its not worse, but any pain is too much pain. I think this is an opportunity to get lots of spoiling from the hubby!!
Yikes!!! So sorry... I'm glad that "little man" wasn't hurt, and I'm very glad that you are, for the most part, ok.
Post a Comment