So today was Grandparent (or grand-friend) day at preschool. My Big boy has been so excited about this ever since I told him a month ago!
First, it was just Grandma coming due to many other obligations that grandpa had, which I totally understood. But then one afternoon the Big Boy decided we should call Grandma & Grandpa to talk to them and he told them about Grandparents' day - mind you totally unprompted by me - and you know it, both of them chose to come.
I was excited to have my parents come. Frankly, we never get so old that we don't want to gain support for our choices from our parents. I know they love the boys, but I also wanted to them to see why we chose the school we had, although I myself only went to public schools (which frankly I'm still a big fan of). The Little Man has been practicing saying "grandma" and "grandpa" for two weeks, and is in my opinion, intelligible on these.
Also, with the economy tight, and us on a budget (not really, just a budget of "let's not spend anything we don't have to"), with my folks coming I'm looking forward to having free babysitting. My husbands old bachelor pad was changed into his office, but still has a bed, so we are having two nights to ourselves over there!!! We are not abandoning my folks, we'll all have dinner together, I'll get the boys ready for bed, but I'm leaving the book reading to the old folks. And without a pricey dinner out, or even a movie, we get to go hang out together! Yeah, I still like my husband, he's fun.
I had a meeting out of the house this morning so I haven't had the opportunity to hear about the day. Right now I'm in the living room alone, the boys are in the park with the sitter, and my parents are sleeping on my bed. They have now been officially "napping" longer than they were in preschool! In their defense, they did get up early (7:30 am for retired folks I'm told is early); they did walk to school and back (10 blocks) while the Big Boy road his bike (which if you are not a New Yorker, the traffic is scary and becomes an alcohol-inducing event when traversing with a preschooler on a bike), and they took him out for a slice of pizza on the way back. Given my parents "nap" I'm guessing they all had fun! I hope the folks will be ready to get up for dinner.
Video with the Girls
14 years ago
1 comment:
Have a wonderful adult night out on the town. You deserve it!! Thank GOD for grandparents.
Post a Comment