May 19, 2009

The comfort of other Moms

Tonight I had the awesome opportunity to get out with a group of mom's from the Big Boy's preschool. It was great.

Here is what I learned;
  • mine is not the only boy consumed with Super Heros
  • mine is not the only boy consumed with "boy" language, of "killing the bad guys" and "bleeding on the sidewalk"
  • mine is not the only child that insist on taking an item to school EVERYDAY for show and tell; note we did just get a memo that show & tell is moving to Fridays only
  • mine is not the only child becoming adjusted to a new sibling
  • I am not the only mother questioning why I thought 2 children was a good idea
  • I am not the only mother questioning whether 2 children is enough
  • I am not the only mother missing those wild, crazy times when we partied til the morning light
  • I am not the only mother too tired for sex (at least on a weeknight)

I had more than one glass of wine, I had great company, and I can't believe it took us this late in the year to get organized.

There were hints of "old times", for example I did step over a condom on the side walk on my way home (this might just be a NYC thing? I don't know?). But there was a very large sign of the day we are in, the party broke up at 10 pm! Moms of the world, thank you for being there. Together we remind one another that while we fight forward, we fight forward together!

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Sounds like a perfect night. It validates all the feelings and emotions you've gone through this past year.

PS. I think the condom on a sidewalk might just be a big city thing. I can't remember the last time I saw one on a Grand Rapids sidewalk..hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Somehow when we mothers gather together to discuss our children we all come away feeling a little bit better and a lot less alone. It's like free therapy. It's always nice to know you aren't the only one. :-)