May 26, 2010

Dog Update

So this dog walks into our apartment and asks for a home.

I work from home, and I leave our door unlocked during the day. My neighbors are friendly. the door man down stairs keeps the "bad guys" out. However that fateful day the neighbors and the doorman did not stop the dog from walking into our apartment.

The dog has diabetes. The dog's owner passed away and the dog was unregulated on his insulin for a week. So the dog is currently with the vet. However, he has stabilized and is now gaining weight back, he's back up to over 100lbs. The dog weighs more than both the Little Man and the Big Boy combined! And the dog is pure muscle, a muscular herding bread, a Rottweiler. He is not fat. His name is Bruno.

The boys went to the vet to meet with the dog yesterday. They LOVE him. We took him for a walk. The Little Man laid on the floor in front of the dog, as the dog laid on the floor, and stroked its eyebrows. The dog licked his whole face. He LOVED it. The Big Boy wants to hold the leash. the dog is just loving.

The vet wants us to think about it over night because, "it is a 'special needs' adoption". De ja vu.
At least this one is potty trained and can walk on its own. But he's still in a bit of shock and will need to time to adjust to our household - he'd been living with a single older lady with slight dementia.

Big Boy couldn't quite talking about the dog all night. Little Man walked into my bedroom this morning, crawled in to cuddle and then asked if we could bring Bruno to our home.

Updates later, on when he can join us. I need to learn to say no... next time.

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I knew it! I can't wait to hear more. You MUST MUST MUST post pictures of your latest SN adoption.

Chris said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics of Bruno, Big Boy and Little Man!

Blogger said...

Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are earning their LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY