March 10, 2010

fit in or not?

I've noticed recently my eldest loves me for what I do that "the other mom's don't do that".

At first it was pride in that I have my own company, Fierce Fun Toys, LLC. Today he was excited that I went roller blading in the gorgeous 60 degree false spring weather and happened to run into my son with a posse of other 5 year olds on scooters. Let that sink in. A posse of 5 year olds on scooters, I was nervous, would they knock me over? will I trip and they'll laugh? Nope the leader rode up and grabbed my knees and the others wanted to know how I could stand on the skates.

Later the Big Boy told me that he was proud of me, "none of the other mom's skate".

I'm glad he's proud of me. But because I'm different? That I'm not so sure about.

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a beautiful memory. Keep making them.

Chris said...

You're teaching him to be himself and live life and different isn't just okay..its great...that is an awesome gift. One I worked hard to give Kayla along with the confidence to do it. Be proud that he's proud of you for being different and who you are while still being a great Mom and loving them endlessly!!!!

Nicole said...

You are such an awesome mommy!!!!!!