January 03, 2010

Privacy - Theirs this time

The boys get very dry skin in the winter. I've tried everything, but the bottom line is they hate moisturizers. In search of a solution, I've convinced them that the Greek God used olive oil so they should too. Yes, after a bath, they get slopped all over with olive oil. They are cool with the routine, and overall, it does really help the dry skin issue.

So tonight we had a new twist. The Big Boy told me I couldn't put it on his "penis". First of all, I'm not sure I ever have. Second, he seems a little penis consumed at the moment. For example, tonight he laid back in the bath and informed me that his penis was the 'light house' on his island. I thought it was creative, but hey, there are some things I'm just not sure how I should respond.

Anyway, the discussion went like this,
"I won't put oil on your penis."
"I bet you do!"
"No. really I won't. You know, your penis is a private part and no one but you and the doctor really have a need to touch it."
"Really?"
"Yep, really."
Somehow I just know this conversation is going to make it to preschool. Oh, well. I try.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to hear how much traffic this blog post gets...hee hee. Your boys crack me up. There are just some things I don't experience because of the female anatomy in my house.